• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M35A3 Weight/GVWR for SF97

TexasM35A3

I'm in Texas and getting ready to request the SF97 for my 1997 M35A3 Duece. Any sugestions for the best vehicle weight and GVWR. I want to be able to Title/Plate/Register it for on road. I also don't want the Insurance to cost me a fortune. Anyone have experience with this?

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The weight of the vehicle should be on the date plate and then just add 10,000 lbs, that should be the GVWR.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Depends on whether the DMV does registration/plates on a weighted basis. SC does, and the difference between a deuce with a GVRW of 16,000 and one of 25,000 GVRW is over $100 a year for the tag. The lower one in SC is $109 a year for the tag, the heavier one $230. You will have to look into the Texas law to see the specifics there, because each state is different.

TexasM35A3

Depends on whether the DMV does registration/plates on a weighted basis. SC does, and the difference between a deuce with a GVRW of 16,000 and one of 25,000 GVRW is over $100 a year for the tag. The lower one in SC is $109 a year for the tag, the heavier one $230. You will have to look into the Texas law to see the specifics there, because each state is different.

Thanks. I'll have to check with the DMV. I deffinately don't want to get into trouble needing a CDL to drive it, or commercial insurance.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look in the TM or on the data plate, it's all there. If she's just for fun go the FMV route. $55/5 years + antique insurance. Cheap cheap. If you want a guide to register it as a FMV PM me and I can send my guide to you. NO CDL required due to no air brakes and and under 26K lbs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks