• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m35s and m715s in england

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dear Mr Santa:
Would it be possible to get a shop like that here at my place? I've been a very good boy and will never sass my parents if I can get that! And if I do get that shop can you help me fill it with green trucks?
Thank you,
Kenny

MrAugust

Elwenil said:
I believe the original Iron butterfly was named after the band since the logo is identical to theirs on the albums. Nothing like a 10 minute long drum solo...
yeh ur correct most gun trucks were named after a band of that time... or a team. u read the book hard ride about gun trucks in nam?

MrAugust

Recovry4x4 said:
Dear Mr Santa:
Would it be possible to get a shop like that here at my place? I've been a very good boy and will never sass my parents if I can get that! And if I do get that shop can you help me fill it with green trucks?
Thank you,
Kenny
hard work and plenty cash and it may be yours... im thinking of expanding my 2 truck fleet and add a jeep or smaller truck.... but id love a 5 toner, or a tanker.... and rare in england .. id like a tipper......

Elwenil

MrAugust said:
Elwenil said:
I believe the original Iron butterfly was named after the band since the logo is identical to theirs on the albums. Nothing like a 10 minute long drum solo...
yeh ur correct most gun trucks were named after a band of that time... or a team. u read the book hard ride about gun trucks in nam?
No, but it is on my list of books to get in the future!

MrAugust

its a top book loads of photos and a few short stories.
The Hard Ride by james lyles

book order code, isbn#971-93037-1-9

worth a look. as its solved some arguments re indicators and bits....

67Beast

Wow what a fine looking motorpool you and your friends have. I wish there were a few more guys closer to me who would be willing to do something similar. Until then I'll just have to keep using dummys when I'm at shows. This was from a show this fall.

or from a local parade

MrAugust

iv been wanting to talk to you re your Kaiser m715, its a top motor, can you give details on the 50 cal mount in rear please. and how you mounted it, as iv got a gas powerd 50 in the pipe line and want to mount on my M715.

Awsome truck mate

we always try and show out trucks as in service.. full kit and looks the part public love it

Attachments

MrAugust

maddawg308 said:
If I win the lottery, I'm buying a Motor Pool like yours. But bigger!
thats just one guys shed... i have one with loads of kit to... spares every ware...

theres 50 of us and around 15 to 20 of us have 2 or more trucks and jeeps..... i also have a vietnamese motor bike.....

67Beast

MrAugust said:
iv been wanting to talk to you re your Kaiser m715, its a top motor, can you give details on the 50 cal mount in rear please. and how you mounted it, as iv got a gas powerd 50 in the pipe line and want to mount on my M715.

Awsome truck mate

we always try and show out trucks as in service.. full kit and looks the part public love it
Thanks for the comments, I could not find any good info on the mounts for the rear of the 715, so I built my own. I used a piece of tubing that the gun mount would slide down into. Added a plate to the bottom that I bolted through the bed floor. Also added one to the front lip of the bed for stiffness and two down bars in the back. It is a very solid mount. I can take so close up pics if you would like. I did recently find some pics on the web of a M715 at DaNang air base in 72' with a mount with a M60 on it. Those pics can be found on the guys website here http://home.att.net/~superspy/photos.htm It appears that most mounts were field mods done at the local motorpool level so I think just about anything will work. Also, mine is set up so that it does not interfere with the rear cargo bows or cover so that I can install them if that's the look I want.

MrAugust

yeh thaught they were field mods like most, il look at doing it... iv got an air soft 60 so may play about with that.... i use canvas on her through winter, but its hard to see as its left hand drive and we in england are right hand... had a few near misses... with canvas on.... pics will help. thanks...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks