• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 1 Ton

m376x6

M37's are rated at 3/4 Ton off road and 1 Ton on road. The military used to rate the vehicles according to offroad capacity, hence the Duece is 2 1/2 Tons offroad and 5 on road. Like all ratings from the early days, they were drastically underrated in both capacity and engine power. We've all seen where a duece will haul 22,000 pounds and an M37 over 3,000 with no problems. I'm only speaking from experience though. I saw an interesting M37 on ebay the other day, it had a diesel engine in it. A Nissan I believe, something about DT33 or thereabouts, I don't recall the actual engine model. Seemed to fit rather nicely in the engine compartment. I did notice the floor pan had been modified to alllow for a shift lever farther to the rear of the pan. I wonder what the power and mileage comparisons would be.

Regards,
M376X6

xm708

m37

that m37 does have a nissan diesel under the hood. I emailed him the other day. it has the bed and lengthened also to allow for the overdrive unit. It is a cool truck. He also has an m34a2 for sale .

ed

trentM37

Try Vintage PowerWagons, Fairfield, Ia. Been dealing with since 93'. Picked up some axles in Nov. They had a few then. If not, ebay had a part out awhile back.