• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m37 axles

fullsizeXJ

just wondering if anyone knew who exactly made the axles that these trucks are on, did different years come with different axles? was it dana or corperate im going to be replacing the seals and doing the bearings and i was just curious about this. thanks

m376x6

The axles that came in the M37 and M43's and their variants are corporate. There was no variation over the course of 18 years that the various trucks were produced. The only variation I have found was some brake shoes were riveted and some were glued, the glued were generally rebuilds from sources outside the normal government chain, such as NAPA etc, which no longer offer the shoes. I've found all the bearings, races, and seals available through parts houses and bearing suppliers. Some surplus dealers such as AB Linn and others also have parts available.

Bryan

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Vintage Power Wagon, is another spot, that has about everything. On the front axel, its important to make sure that inside axel support bushing is good, and to replace its seal. It has the old riveted brake shoes. I've had it almost 40 years, and the lining is still real good.

Lee in Alaska

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks