• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 cargo top?

MilitaryRestoration

over the years I have seen many different cargo canvas heights on the m37...some people have the rear level with the cab top, some have higher than cab top, some a lot higher than cab top, and even some lower than cab top...but what it the true correct height?

CGarbee

The correct dimensions for the bows are on my site. A lot of folks have either extended the sides up so that they don't have to bend over as much when moving around in the back, or shortened them so that they can stuff the truck into a garage...

My measurments where taken from a couple of NOS bows, and work very well with stock canvas covers (and the current crop of reproductions from WeeBee, New Life, and Beechwood--I have used them all...).

See;
http://www.garbee.net/~cabell/bedwood.htm

If you can't figure out the final height of the top from using the dimensions, let me know and I'll pull a tape from my bow top down to the bed of my truck when I get home tonight.

Good luck.

Reddman

Cargo Cover Height

I posted an attachment showing the mil spec measurements for the M37 so I hope this will help you. It is a pdf document ---- Acrobat Reader ---- the cargo cover is designed to be adjustable for conditions in the field. It can be raised/lowered as needed. If I can help another way or any other pics or data I have, I'll be glad to share.
D

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks