• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Combat wheels

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think only CDN M37's had combat rims are these off a WC? It really depends on the condition of the wheel are they broke down, run flat still there, stud holes egg shaped, all nuts there, rust, cracks? "A picture is worth a thousand words"

Pintaro

I tried to load a pic from my phone. But no luck. The wheels are bolted on a set of axels with about 40inch flotation tires. Tires are no good. The wheels are 16 inch with a lock ring. The ring has 10 bolts and a square notch for the valve stem. I want them for my M37 but dont know what to pay for them

5tondeuce

I tried to load a pic from my phone. But no luck. The wheels are bolted on a set of axels with about 40inch flotation tires. Tires are no good. The wheels are 16 inch with a lock ring. The ring has 10 bolts and a square notch for the valve stem. I want them for my M37 but dont know what to pay for them
I think they are quite rare, I know if i had a chance to buy a set I would

gerrykan

I have probably saw pictures of the wheels you are asking about.
I'm fairly sure they are WW2 Dodge axles and wheels, and if the wheels are serviceable, they are probably worth the asking price of the wheels and axles combined.
WW2 and M37 Dodges share the same lug bolt pattern.
If you can get them cheaper though, all the better.

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a set on my M37. If I had an extra set, I think someone would have to offer me over $150 ea. to get them (maybe not even then!) I will try to post a picture, if it does not work - go to my albums, see the M37 album and there is a pic of the truck with front fenders and hood off, you can sort of see the wheels.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a couple of pics of my truck with the combat wheels. You can see the bolts (actually the nuts) around the outer edge.

As for their value, that is entirely in the eyes of the beholder. Some people like them whether they are "correct" or not. Some people just don't care for them. I like 'em, so I have 2 complete sets for my truck and trailer. I had them stripped and refinished because I like them.

They are worth what you are willing to pay for them depending on their condition. I paid $25 to $50 a piece for mine (in rough shape) about 20 to 25 years ago because people didn't want them.

Good luck!

Attachments

5tondeuce

Here's a couple of pics of my truck with the combat wheels. You can see the bolts (actually the nuts) around the outer edge.

As for their value, that is entirely in the eyes of the beholder. Some people like them whether they are "correct" or not. Some people just don't care for them. I like 'em, so I have 2 complete sets for my truck and trailer. I had them stripped and refinished because I like them.

They are worth what you are willing to pay for them depending on their condition. I paid $25 to $50 a piece for mine (in rough shape) about 20 to 25 years ago because people didn't want them.

Good luck!
Wow nice truck!! I'd love to have a set of combat wheels for mine

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow nice truck!! I'd love to have a set of combat wheels for mine
Thanks! It's not quite done yet. I still need to get the markings done and get all the canvas on and the radios in. The trailer is not quite done yet either.

Well, originally I got them (the combat wheels) because I liked "the look" of them on my truck. I also convinced myself that I would be able to fix flats easier and change tires easier. The reality, however was that they are no less work than the correct, stock split rings. Maybe not as dangerous, but just as much work.

Oh well, (sigh and shrug)

I still like the look! :-D

Pagan

Only M-37 style vehicle I have seen them on from the factory is my Canadian M152. I may have one or two extras laying around here somewhere. Have to take a look. Pagan

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Midwest Military has them for $125 each, I believe. That is "as is" take offs. John probably also has the studs and nuts to replace any broken ones also.

You might give him a call.

Shipping is the killer though. :-(

Storm 51

Pagan

Storm51 is absolutely correct on the shipping observation. I had a pallet of parts for my M35A2 shipped from Ohio to Idaho. Weighed around 250#. CONWAY truck lines charged me $560. to haul this shipment, and told me after the shipment arrived. Never do business with CONWAY! BTW, Only have one M-series Dodge combat rim, and will need it for a spare for the M152. Sorry, thought I had more. Pagan

M-37Bruce

16" Combat Rims

I too am looking for a set, I thought i was well on my way, but the deal fell through. I was going to pay fidy semolians each for three. ended up only one was a Combat rim, & it was in ruff shape. :-(

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks