• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Hesitation

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Loss of vacuum when accelerating makes the plunger go down.

It is done that way as it is all related to operating the governor.

DG

54M37

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are correct the piston works against a spring. When you hit the throttle there is a sudden drop in vacuum and the spring pushes the piston in the opposite direction and pumps fuel into the carburetor. Figure 03-1 in the M-37 ORD 9 is a good exploded view of the carb.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are correct the piston works against a spring. When you hit the throttle there is a sudden drop in vacuum and the spring pushes the piston in the opposite direction and pumps fuel into the carburetor. Figure 03-1 in the M-37 ORD 9 is a good exploded view of the carb.

Tanks. Yea I picked up this manual when I got the truck and it has every carb they put on there trucks.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks