• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Horn Button

SturmTyger380

What am I doing wrong with my horn button? The old horn pieces were broken. I got a new kit for the horn button.

I put the steering wheel over the steering shaft, then the metal horn finger thing, then the nut and tightened it all up.

When I put the wire in place I have the split plastic holder down in the shaft, then metal washer and then rubber washer.

When I go to put the large spring and the three-finger horn metal piece on to check the clearance I can’t get it on because the rubber washer is sticking up too high.

Can anyone see what I am doing wrong that causes the button assembly to not go down far enough for the three fingers to get below the metal holder piece? I got it together once but the center contact on the top button piece was constantly touching the center metal of the wire end and there was no spring action.

ODAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Were you able to get your horn button installed?

I just pulled mine apart and do not recall that rubber washer on top of the nut to be part of the assembly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks