• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 parts available

KaiserM109

I just finished cutting off the axle ends on an M101 trailer and welding on civilian hubs. I have some parts left over that I believe will fit an M37. Some parts were already gone such as both wheels and tires, one brake drum and the tongue. I have:

2 backing plates that I believe are the same as the back plates
2 pairs of brake shoes
1 right brake drum.

All parts are in new condition. I don’t have the space to store them, so I won’t keep them very long. I am in Denver, CO.

Arlyn

m376x6

Hi Arlyn, Bryan up here near Idaho Springs. What do you want for the drum? My 6X6 is in need of some near new ones. Thanks

Bryan

KaiserM109

M376x6: I'm easy, what's it worth on the low end?

mkitchell: I have the cables that were on the trailer, but I'm going to keep them because I plan to modify the backing plate to work a parking brake.

M376x6: A 6x6 M37 I've got to see it! It that gov't built or a good after-market? Does that poor flat head have enough power to turn over that many wheels?

m376x6

I built it from a picture of a 6x6 model in a book by Zenthmeyer. I put in a Dodge 360 V8. I figured a way to bolt the original transmission up to a small block mopar v8 bellhousing. She has power steering, an engine driven air compressor with a small air tank under the passenger seat. Because I used the standard B1 transmission I could keep the stock PTO and everything in its original configuration in the cab. I used a small frame section and the tandem setup from a cut up WC62 I found near Meeker many years ago. I put her together running on 16 years ago as I recall.

I've been in the shop making a run of adapter plates that let folks use the tubeless LAV wheels that the 11.00-16 tires come on to bolt up to the M37. Neat setup, it sets the wheels a little farther out giving good clearance for the wider tires. I've got the measurements and I'm going to make a set for the folks who have the M715 to adapt the LAV wheels to their trucks. I have these LAV wheels on the 6X6 right now. I posted a larger picture a while back for a fellow who wanted to look at the truck.

Regards,
Bryan Sage

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks