• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m37 parts

FrankUSMC

If you are going back with the Dodge 230 flat head, let me know. I bought one, rebuilt from White Owl parts company back in the earlt 90s. I got the last one they had from when they brought in a truck load of rebuilds from France. Long story kinda short, I never did any thing with it. It is still a 0 miles rebuild, but it will have to be gone through again just from sitting all the years. Back in 1992, I paid $1100 for the motor, if you are back to stock I will give you a good deal on it.
I am in Newport, NC.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

CGarbee

If you are going back stock, go with Frank's engine (or a takoute one out of my yard...). Or for a diesel go with a Cummins 4BT (I have one in a truck in my yard...), or with a gasser V8 (Bob in Raleigh has a big block in his, I have a manual on the shelf detailing how to put a GM smallblock in) .

A buddy has a M37 in my yard that is slowly getting a GM 6.2 repower...

Easiest option is to go back stock...

I have a spare transmission in the yard as well as a bunch of small parts, body parts, and engine parts. All takeoffs.

ABLinn in Salisbury and Delk's in Asheboro are also good places to pick up parts (as well as the aforementioned White Owl).

Keep us posted, Good luck

morbius

hey there

i just bought my first military truck - a 53 M37. I want to swap out the motor for something cheaper to maintain. i have seen a couple threads about 318's with torqueflight trans - any others that have worked? 350 with a th350? i am ok to fab up mounts etc - i just do not want to chop up the truck - i am also good with moving the tcase etc....

morbius

hey there

i just bought my first military truck - a 53 M37. I want to swap out the motor for something cheaper to maintain. i have seen a couple threads about 318's with torqueflight trans - any others that have worked? 350 with a th350? i am ok to fab up mounts etc - i just do not want to chop up the truck - i am also good with moving the tcase etc.... so i am kinda in the same boat... give me a nudge in the right direction.... i am a bit biased towards a chevy 350 - most familiar to me...

M-37Bruce

If you are going back with the Dodge 230 flat head, let me know. I bought one, rebuilt from White Owl parts company back in the earlt 90s. I got the last one they had from when they brought in a truck load of rebuilds from France. Long story kinda short, I never did any thing with it. It is still a 0 miles rebuild, but it will have to be gone through again just from sitting all the years. Back in 1992, I paid $1100 for the motor, if you are back to stock I will give you a good deal on it.
I am in Newport, NC.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
Hey Frank,
I was wondering what which carburetor was on the French rebuild of yours? Sorry to hy-jack your thread davidhale!
Regards,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks