• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m37 pics

Blake

Cant forget about the m37. It doesnt come out and play much because the deuce and the m37 get about the same mileage. Might as well have something to show for it!
Check these out!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, Longhunter7! How is the transition going between the super utilitarian and driveable M35A2 and the limited use M37 (hehe)?

Longhunter7

Recovry4X4,

:devil: The devil you say! Usefullness is only limited by your imagination!

The M37 is coming along nicely! I just put new tires on it, replaced the fuel pump,upgraded the lights, and I am sorting out the creative wiring done by the Fire Department that owned it!

Other than that, not much is going on! :smilewinkgrin:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Outstanding! I don't know if I could go deuceless yet. I rather like them and storage is no problem yet.

Longhunter7

Recovry4X4,

Don't tell anyone, but I really miss my Deuce! :cry:

That said, they are one tough little truck and they will win you over very quickly!

I really like the M37 because they are very manuverable off road and can actually ford deeper water than the M35A2, without the fording kit!

If you pick one up, and drive it around a while, you will be impressed! [thumbzup]

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now i know the M37 is a better truck than the M715. I tend to agree that the M715 is little more than a CUCV. With all that said, I would still rather have the M715 than the M37. Just personal likes for me. I've always had a thing for the M715 since I first walked through a sea of them at Sam Winers in OH back in the early 80s. I will have to say this though, the smallest truck I'll probably ever do is a bobbed deuce. Now thats not saying I won't have an M151A2 though.

Longhunter7

Recovry4X4,

If the M715 floats your boat, then it's the truck for you! :roll:

I really like the M151, but going from the M35A2 to the M151, was way too radical! The M151 is like a wide motorcycle! I wasn't comfortable in something that small!

I still have the M151 on my list, and I hope to add one in the future! :cool:

Elwenil

A 715 no more than a CUCV?!? Shame on you, Kenny! The 715 is the last of the true tactical trucks until the HMMWV came out. When I got my 715 I thought it would be an easy restoration since they look just like a J series pickup, but boy was I wrong, lol. There is hardly anything about this truck that is civilian. The hood, radiator support and grille panel are about the only major bolt on items from the civie trucks. Other things can be adapted, but it takes a bit of modification. I had a bad learning curve when I first got this truck but thankfully we have the M715 Zone. I really like the 715, it's a 5/4 ton vs. the M37s 3/4, still has the removable soft top and fold down windshield and no other vehicle just says "Vietnam Era" quite like the 715.

Ok, now that I've defended the 715, I have to say that I've always been a Dodge fanatic, and I'd love to have a M37. They seem to be a bit more expensive than the 715 so it'll be a while before I get one. If possible I'd like to have a M37 restored to stock to go along with my lightly modified 715.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alright Lanty, you got me on that one. Maybe the thought of the M715 started the wholeCUCV phase. I've always been an M715 fan. I like my mil stuff original but the M715 begs to be modified. I saw one once with the J series hard cab ond honestly, it looked pretty cool. On a side note, there was a guy at the sand races last year with an M725 on 44" boggers and cadillac power. Wished I had taken pics cause it was sweet. One day there will be an M715 in the yard.

Elwenil

Eh, I'm just messing with you, Kenny. But you are right, the M715 really does take well to modifications. Whether you go full tilt and overbuilt like Tom's rig, or a modernized, but still historically tasteful truck like Lee's Cummins 4BT conversion, the 715 has limitless possibilities. Something about the decidedly military styling and wide open wheelwells just makes for an awesome juggernaut of a truck. There are bigger military trucks, and more durable trucks, and more useful trucks, but the 715 will always be one of the coolest.

I still want a Deuce though, lol...

CGarbee

We'll.... I really like the ride of my M37 over that of my M35's or my M38's... The M37 will also go up trails that are way too tight or twisty for the longer wheelbase rigs (M715 and M35 both)... M37 is also a heck of a lot easier to put into a parking space a the local grocery store...

Of course, the M715 does have that long bed when you need to pick up lumber... But for that kind of job, I just run over in my dropside duece...

They are all babe magnets...

A buddy of mine is selling his M37 project. I should have photos of it's current condition on my website soon. It would make a great restoration or repower condidate (he never got around to rebuilding the stock engine...).

CGarbee

It is the busy season at work... couple that with helping Mom and Dad out (Dad's health has declined a bunch since Easter) and my spare time has just been melting away...

I did manage to finish my instal of the rear disc brakes on my M37 this past weekend so I now have them on all four corners. Now, I just have to put together my biodiesel reactor and upgrade my tailights (going to LED) so that Bjorn won't grumble so much next time he is following me...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks