• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 rims

TACMED

Just got a spare today and noticed that the center was riveted in, are they all like that? If that is the case has anyone ever cut the centers out and put them in one pice rims. this sure would make things ALOT cheaper

CGarbee

Yep, standard Budd construction...
Folks have... Problem is in finding a blank that you like and then welding them in nice and true with a quality weld... Stockton Wheel used to do the conversion, but decided some time ago not to continue with their efforts. Folks have reported having problems with the blanks that they had not being quite heavy enough for the tires/loading that the M37 was subjecting them to...

Of course, I like having two piece rims... Makes it a whole lot easier to break down and fix a flat when you don't have a tire machine handy...

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Agreed muchly. One piece wheels are a real PIA to fix yourself, and I don't let anyone else work on my MV's.

dg

TACMED

Agreed

Yeah, I know what you mean, I like the two piece rims also, just looking to put a set of hummer tires on. they wont fit on split rims, gonna have to put a set of tires on and hate to spend money on NDT's when I have a new set of Hummer tires. decisions,decisions LOL

CGarbee

Bob Kelly at hammerdownoffroad and Bryan Sage in Colorado both make adapters that allow one to run the HMMWV rim/wheel combination on a M37...
Bryan is also currently working on a setup to allow one to run the LAAV rims/wheels so that you don't have to unmount/mount the Michelin tires that have recently been auctioned off still on their rims... He also makes 20" rims so that you can run 900x20 duece tires... Not sure if he ever posts here, but he is a regular on the www.g741.org site...

bcowanwheels

i build custom wheels for the M37 . I,ve been building them for over 14 years. i reuse the stock wheel centers in new tubeless rims. i do them in 16" and 16.5 diameters up to 12" wide. contact me if you,all need a set or more info. bob cowan, kingsport, tn. ph no. 1 423 384 8938 or email me bcowanwheels@aol.com

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks