• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 road trip Nashville to Miami

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you made it back okay! Not too many MV's out there at any given time, on my recently completed trip just about the only other vintage MV I saw on the road was Jon's deuce when we convoyed to Barstow from his place in Hesperia, CA.
Of course, Devin drove his to Ventura from Santa Clarita, but the only other MV's I spotted were hauled on tractor trailers and appeared to be new (humvees, hemmets etc).

Attachments

m108

Glad you got home with a minimum number of problems Allan.I got to look the truck over up close when you stopped in Atwood and it is VERY nice.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Congrats!

Congratulatiuons on the drive! I bet it was alot of fun. MV's have taught me that speed is not the greatest factor when traveling. Did you have your girl along? i have not yet found one that wants to ride far in the old deuce.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Patrick, I preach almost the same thing all the time. I never knew there was so much stuff to see on the interstate until I started driving under 55. I love to travel in the deuce. My longest trip to date was 2568 miles and loved every one of them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

:driver: :grd:

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

HWY 80 runs parallel 2 or 3 miles north of I-20 in LA. On HWY 80, I stopped for lunch and decided to look in an antique store. As luck would have it, I found some little colored glass bottles that my mom collects and puts in the kitchen windows, and bought 5 of them for $3 each.

Captainal

Yes my girl was on the trip with me. When I initially showed her the truck she was not sure if she would like it. When we arrived in Nashville it was 41 degrees out. As soon as we got to the truck she changed her mind though wished it had heat as the temp kept dropping. When we woke up the first morning it was 31 out and with a pull on the choke and a push on the start button the truck fired right up. We had a great time seeing the sights and traveling on the back roads and through small towns. The truck drew alot of attention and stories everywhere we went.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you had a good trip, sorry I didn't read about it earlier. Very claen truck! Congrats on your journey.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter

That is a fine machine! How did the drive go? I admit I don't know that model very well at all but I have always liked them. What speed were you able to maintain and what RPM ? Any mileaage per gallon to report?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks