• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 seat belt mounting locations

Cav Trooper

Anyone have good information about where and how to mount seatbelts in an M37. It looks like where ever I mount them, I will need to reinforce the area. Ideas and pics would be great.

Thanks

CT

mhassett

I took the seat belts and laid them out best I could for accessiblity, then drilled theholes, and used large washer on both sides.
Hope this hels, if not let me know and I will take a couple of pictures.
MHassett
Bush, LA

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine are mounted right behind the seats in the floor brace area , Very important to use grade 8 bolts with a steel plate or washer under floor board , ie 4x4 1/4 " It has to be strong or seat belt bolt can and will pull thru floor board . I will try and get some pictures for you as soon as it stops raining , first GOOD rain in about 3 months ! but that is another story .

Cav Trooper

rtk, thanks, pics would be great. I knew there should be some support since the sheet metal is too thin anyplace I would need to bolt the belts into. I've to the material, just thought if someone had already done it and it worked well, why reinvent the wheel. I've seen pics of the belts being mounted on the sides of the seat boxes but, the passenger side would be way too wide. I thought under the passenger seat into the floor and maybe on the sides or floor on the drivers side.

CGarbee

The webpage detailing the seatbelt instalation in my M37 is located at:
M37 Seatbelts

It has information on where I got the seatbelts, how I installed them (location and reinforcement), and photos... :)

Hope it helps,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks