• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 Soft top and bows

pwrwagonfire

Would anybody be able to post pictures of the soft top; bows, pillars, etc on their M37?

I've got all the peices (I think) and I need to see some pictures to confirm and see how it all goes together!

Thanks guys, appreciate any responses!

WarrenD

My soft top is on, so I can get you inside shots. I'll try to get it in the next day or two, just got home from a show :driver:and I've spent enough time in the 37 for today...I'm whipped!

Attachments

Last edited:

just me

Resurecting a thread from the dead...
In the picture of the welded on brackets above the wiper motors. What is the bracket on the right for?
I am wanting to find all the stuff to put a top on my truck, but everything on the windshield frame has been cut off by previous owner who made a pretty nice hard top fpr the truck.

T. Highway

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That bracket is for when the windshield frame is folded down onto the hood, the spring clamps on the hood hold the whole assembly down. There should be one on each side of the frame.

Bert

just me

Thanks! I had drilled a pair of 1/2" holes in the top of the frame to hold it down when the top was removed. Looks like a bunch of things would have to be redone if I ever went back to a ragtop.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need anything else, describe it and I'll try.
OK got my shovel out and dug up this thread. What would have gone with these holes. They are on both side of side frame work. I know my new soft top from new life canvas will have the pieces of metal that tuck into the side rail but would seem like what ever screwed into my sides would have to be very thin. Was it some form of weather stripping or rubber to protect the canvas? I would think screws would rub into the canvas so glue in some rubber stripping for chaffing ? Tanks

Attachments

Roller

Steel Soldiers Supporter
OK got my shovel out and dug up this thread. What would have gone with these holes. They are on both side of side frame work. I know my new soft top from new life canvas will have the pieces of metal that tuck into the side rail but would seem like what ever screwed into my sides would have to be very thin. Was it some form of weather stripping or rubber to protect the canvas? I would think screws would rub into the canvas so glue in some rubber stripping for chaffing ? Tanks
I believe they are construction holes used to position the sheet metal while forming. Nothing goes in the holes.

Frank

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those look like holes remaining from someone's long ago attempt to skin the roof with sheet metal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks