• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M37 turn signal installation?

ton10291

Can anyone point me to installation instructions using Signal-Stat's model 600 sigaide control arm on a '52 M37?

Thanks

ton10291

Thanks patch.

What I'm specifically looking for are the hook up instructions for the various leads. The leads on my unit are tagged with letters and I need to know what connection each letter maps to. Since it's a 6 wire unit I'm guessing that the leads go to left front, left rear, right front, right rear, pilot and load connections.

ton10291

Both are very close but the wires on my switch are tagged B, C, D, E, F, G. After poking around a little more I've found that page 2-70 of TM 9-2320-212-20 Organizational Maintenance Manual Nov 1973 diagrams a couple of switch variations one of which looks like it fits the Signal-Stat 600 that I have.
After opening my switch and comparing the internal wiring to the diagram it looks like the mapping is

B - M
C - C
D - D
E - A
F - F
G - H

Thanks for all of the help. Now I just need to find a relay box and a flasher unit. Any ideas?

Capt.Marion

Both are very close but the wires on my switch are tagged B, C, D, E, F, G. After poking around a little more I've found that page 2-70 of TM 9-2320-212-20 Organizational Maintenance Manual Nov 1973 diagrams a couple of switch variations one of which looks like it fits the Signal-Stat 600 that I have.
After opening my switch and comparing the internal wiring to the diagram it looks like the mapping is

B - M
C - C
D - D
E - A
F - F
G - H

Thanks for all of the help. Now I just need to find a relay box and a flasher unit. Any ideas?
Check with Charles Talbert at M-Series Rebuild

Or AB Linn, who is out of Salisbury, NC. at 704-637-9076

They can probably point you to someone that has what you need if they don't have it. If push comes to shove, a Solid-State system is like $150...

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are not trying to maintain a purely military look, I suggest taking power off one battery for 12 volts and installing a civilian kit. I did that on several trucks and it worked well.
Regards Marti

Barrman

I would suggest the solid state military version of the blinkers for simplicity, available parts and the right "look."

If you really want to use the old milti wired box, go to the M715Zone and look in the manual section. There is a guy that completely redid one of the old boxes, figured out how to make it work on 12v and be dependable along with writting a nice little tech piece on how he did it. Worth the read if you really want that box.

If you don't care about staying military, the Signal-Stat 900 controller is the best thing going. Available at NAPA, comes with complete instructions, can be used on either 12 or 24 volt systems by simply changing the pilot light bulb & the flasher, information is on the instruction sheet for the change.

If you want to stay military, the solid-state system is the way to fly, however the controller isn't high quality & has to be replaced frequently as does the flasher module. A civilian type flasher will fit easily into the system & eliminates the troublesome military flasher, but that still leaves the controller issue . The 900 series signal-stat that I mentioned above uses the same wiring diagram as the military solid-state system, so it adapts perfectly into a military truck.

The Signal-Stat 600 series controller has been obsolete for years, do yourself a favor & don't even attempt to use it, the 900 is way better.

To update even more, the Signal-Stat 905 series incorporates the headlight dimmer switch into the handle of the controller. We use this one on most of our completely rebuilt Cummins powered trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks