• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38A1/CJ5 seat frame

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a old CJ5. While I'm not trying to pass it off as a M38A1, I am planning on giving it a camo paint job. The seats are shot and I'm looking for some seats to go with the camo paint.

I was looking online a M38A1 seats. I'm wondering how the M38A1 seat cushions would fit the CJ5 frames. I saw some M38A1 frames but they seem awfully expensive and I'm sure they would also have to be modified to fit.

What I'd like is some info on how the M38A1 cushions mount and how hard it would be to fit them to CJ5 frames.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ended up ripping all of the vinyl and foam off of the cj5 frames and modifying them to fit the M38 covers. It turned out ok but I may end up making some changes to the frame backs for cosmetic reasons. I'll take some pics and post them when I get a chance.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks