• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38a1 panel & tub thickness ?

pockersUK

Got a couple (well quite a few ) bits of my tub and fenders where the rust has taken over

Need to weld in some new pieces where the worst of it is

Can anyone confirm the metal thickness used on the tub and fenders?

I was told it was 18guage which is about 1.2mm

Is this right?

zout

I used 18ga on all my patch repairs. But I was not concerned about "correct" thickness - I was more concerned about durability of repair and longevity.

JGBallew

Walked out and measured on the one I'm working on.
Pretty consistent .050"/1.27mm, measured five places on the fender.

There is effictively no rust on these fenders.

pockersUK

Should be getting some work done this weekend with luck & good weather so will post some piccies -
unfortunatly some one indersealed it, which is why i have the rust problems so gotta scrape the reat of that off first but ill keep u posted

Worst point seems to be behind the passenger seat where the wheel arch meets the floor - u can see the road !!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks