• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m416 help(pics added)

skajm

Hi All,
Just finished a 400 mile round trip with my m416. The only problem is that the trailer has a surge brake luntte(sp?) but the axle is non surge braking. The shock in the surge housing gave out and the trailer bangs like mad every stop and start. Does any one have a LOW cost options to help my out?

thanks
Joe
ps. does anyone in south east pa or new jersey want to trade sugre parts for non-surge parts??

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: m416 help

Is your trailers brake fluid level correct? When you were towing it, was your pintle hitch at the correct height?

skajm

RE: m416 help

I'll try and post pictures soon. the trailer does not have a master cyclinder(sp). the only braking item is hand brahe.. hitch was down from level only byan inch. the trailer is a mix match of parts when I got it. surge hitch, standard m416 frame, and axle. No tub made one of plywood. A rear levling leg that just fits. And lift points at each corner.

TedG

You may or may not stick a bolt throug the hole on the side of the ram (between the two pivot points....look for the hole in picture #1). I have done this on civi surge brakes for an emergency to get a trailer home when the mc failed in route. Good luck.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have two trailers with surge brakes and I love them. I think if you put the master cylnder back in it with the linkage you should be able to restore the brakes on the trailer and they are invaluable when hauling loads. I would see if a trailer hitch shop or RV shop has parts I bet they will as I picked up parts for mine at a hitch shop in Baltimore.

If you just want it solid get it welded up tight

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks