• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M416 trailer re-build

Robby116a3

Just sharing a what I’m doing with my fathers M416 military trailer that he got off of Otis Airforce base on cape cod. It was used by the USCG and he got it from them back in the late 70s I’m pretty sure. It’s in rough shape now but hopefully it will be very nice when all said and done. Right now I’m looking for some parts if anyone has some or knows where to get them. Here’s some of the main parts. M416 5 Lug trailer axle, and a trailer tub bottom, maybe even a whole tub if it’s in good shape for the right price. Getting the whole trailer dustless sandblasted hopefully this week. Will post updates!!! Thanks!

Attachments

flyfishtrailer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is wrong with the axle besides rust? Is it too deep? Depending on how bad the trailer bottom is, there are a few places that sell them reproduced. Are you restoring it or just freshening it up? If your not worried about restoration perfect, and if the floor is bad and needs to go, try getting a piece of 12-14 gauge sheet metal cut to fit inside dimensions. When cutting out the old floor, leave a lip all the way around and you can drop in the new floor and tack weld it in and seam seal it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks