• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M49

jrosbo

Well here she is my next project. A 1958 M49C made by Curtis Wright. As soon as I get the new wheel studs in her and some tires mounted I am going to pull it out of this old shed and into my shop and start a major restore on her. This truck was used as a brush truck/water tanker by the national park service in southern Illinois. I have most of the parts to fix it but I need a couple more. I need a generator and the pump on the back to run the tank part. Anybody got one of these items that they would like to sell?

Attachments

lacoda56

Now that's something you don't see very often.It's not only a tanker but it's a Utica Bend besides! I hope you can get it restored as is [tanker]. Sorry I can't help you with the parts you need, but I'm sure somebody out there has something.

jrosbo

She is going to stay a tanker. As soon as I get this one done I am going for a wrecker like kenny's. My wants are to have one of every style and make. Like a tractor or dump or shop van and each one from a different maker like I have a studebaker a White and this one. Dreaming but I am going to try.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks