• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M4A1 1/2 Track

GPW1942

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finally the weather has turned nice and I have a renewed desire to work on the M4A1.

The previous owner modified the floor, and I want to bring it back to the way it should be.

Can someone out there help me out with some measurements. I need to rework the supports and floor from the armor under the gas tanks in.

dmetalmiki

Sounds an interesting project, some pictures of the vehicle and the location of the part of the floor you want to modify might get some more response. keep us up to date with your progress.

GPW1942

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I thought of that after I posted

IMG_20150512_083826_535.jpg

IMG_20150512_083726_968.jpg

IMG_20150512_083910_871.jpg

Basically the entire rear floor, minus the armored sections along the side.
Also a question on the diamond plate flooring. I have at least three different kids. Which is correct. I’ll take more pictures.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Having three different kids shouldn't be a question about what is correct. Having kids is a subjective discussion and not the best topic on an MV forum.:oops:

GPW1942

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Three different types of diamond plate.
The first one is aluminum and I believe the early type correct for a 42.
The second one I have never seen before, I believe it is steel.
The third, is steel and would that be a later style?

IMG_20150512_085532_332.jpg

IMG_20150512_085517_506.jpg

IMG_20150512_085542_957.jpg

M215

The passenger step with the square tread is unusual, I have only seen it on the side step and never on the inside floor. I have one on the shelf as an extra for our M2A1, it has a Diamond-T manufacture label on the back side. Aluminum flooring was used for the early halftrack flooring and steel later on. I had at one time the rear mortar mount from a M4, traded it off long ago.

Last edited:

GPW1942

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok good info. I won't toss the square stuff.
Nice thought on the mount, but I am squared away with that.
Just need to fix the floor correctly. In digging deeper last night, looks like I will have to disassemble the entire rear and start from the frame and work up.
Any possibility you have pictures or measurements of the support structure under the floor.
Dj

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks