• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m5 gen set

coyote62ny

i have a m5 gen set that i just got from a friend . i got it running runs geat puts out power on the convienence outlets . it is 120 volt 60hertz 3 phase can you use this type of power to run 120 volt 60 hertz 1 phase power tools if so how do you hook it up as i would like to use it to power my shop no power there . there is a 3 pin plug at the bottom right of the gen set i would like to wire this to the shop . any combination of 2 pins in this plug gives you 120 volts. all the wires in this set are black in color and do not appear to be numbered or any identifying marks on them . is there a neutral wire you can get out to use i think it is wye powre but not shure the only manual i have does not get into the wiring in the gen head or panel any help would be great thanks

coyote62ny

thanks rumplecat i have read those threads on smokstak but not that much info there hope i can find something somware it is the same gen set runs great good on gas .5 gallons per hour full load with electric heaters not bad for a gen set made in 1942 set is like new it still had all the parts in the tool box and 4 head gaskets bolted to the underside of the hood

rumplecat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck with it, a month or so ago a guy I worked with told me he had a gen set at his dad's old shop, I had a look really didn't want it but he was going to scrap it so now I own it. It is a 12 volt unit has a bunch of house style outlets on it, I guess it is to run 12 volt lighting.

coyote62ny

it sounds really neat what engine is on it? i have 2 mep-015 one mep-025 28 volt one 2.5 kw 120 volt gen set made by the mall tool co one m5 3kw 3phase 120 volt and one mep-003 i guess i wont be without power thanks for the reply rumplecat

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks