• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M52 fuel tank vent wanted

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn:
Hello! i have one i took out of a 5T dump fuel tank, but it is not the same as your diagram. It has a float and valve on it, apparently to shut it off if the fuel sloshed too high.
Regards Marti

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hmm...I'm not really interested in the vent itself, just the plate to fit the opening in the tank with the sucktion tube. The tank is vented elsewhere.
It will be for the small fuel pump that supplies fuel to the fuel burning personnel heater.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ferroequinologist said:
Fuel burning personnel heater? that 757 gets more and more interesting... :D
That's not unique, Adam. My -725 has a rear compartment heater that was run on gasoline, on a branch line from the fuel tank, directly below it. The idea of resurrecting a 40-yr-old gas burning heater sounds a little dangerous to me, so it will be retired and replaced by a engine coolant-powered heater, like most MVs.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mike,
I know that the fuel burning heaters aren't really unique. I just thought the fact that a tractor would have one just to heat its own cab, which happens to have a very large heat producing item already protruding in it, makes that setup unique.

Just set that burner up outside on the ground and light it off- it will probably work fine. Or blow half the mountain you live on up. rofl

Now that Bjorn has included other functions of the heater, I can see why they installed it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks