• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54 Dust boot replacement.

Amer-team

This according to the manual is a straightforward job, but!

Please note that if you don't want to go to all the trouble of trying to find it in the manual, the wire that secures the inner portion of the dust bood is secured by a bolt with a nut that takes an 11/32 wrench. That is not one that was in my tool box, so out of desperation, went to the metric tool box and it ended up that a 9mm wrench worked very well for this project.

As for lock wire, I will probably be in trouble from those that know what they are doing, but some electric fence wire seemed to be about the right diameter of wire and it has excellent anti corrosion properties.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks