• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54 steering leak

M54NORCAL

I have a 1965 M54 with what I believe is a Ross power steering unit. It's leaking badly and need a remaned box. can't seem to find anything on these units...thank you in advance !

pmramsey

You might also wish to upgrade to the M809 truck series steering. The M54s were upgraded to the newer steering found on the M809 series when they went through depot rebuilds.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You might also wish to upgrade to the M809 truck series steering. The M54s were upgraded to the newer steering found on the M809 series when they went through depot rebuilds.
This is what I am going to do on Swiss's 55 m62 due to the leak issue, we have rebuilt then replaced the cylinder and valve, STILL have leaks at the valve, so the word was ---- it time for a upgrade, I think we have everything needed, just have to fine time.

Last edited:

M54NORCAL

Country....my box looks nothing like those.. it's up high.. with big cylinder on top..i don't have a picture on my phone. It sits off the frame next to engine on a cast mount.. Thank you

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kublos surplus might have something too. He might have the whole 809 series power steering unit for a reasonable price if you are looking to convert to a new style.

M54NORCAL

I ordered a NOS original style gear. Thank you all so much! It's hard finding anyone willing to help or have knowledge on my machine. You guys are awesome!