• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54A2 issue....

ArchAngel USMC

Anyone tell me where exactly that I can find the TM for a 1972 m54a2? I can not find it here anywhere. Or at least give me some help? I don't have any power. I paid off my truck and can't go to pick it up now. The previous owner believes it may be a wiring issue, but it ran before it was parked before winter. I've tried to search for it here and seen a cple of comments about this issue with them but can't find an actual diagram. I did see something about it being in the 211-20-2-2tm but it's nowhere to be found. If anyone is in southren NH area and knows anything about an issue like this and has the ability to help, I would be greatly appreciative. Would even buy the beer and steak and have a cple dollars ready. Trucks in Barrington, Nh and I'm in Rindge, NH

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Have you tried pulling the air filter? I had a low power issue and thats all it was. If there is no change we'll need to look into turning the power up.

ArchAngel USMC

Lol. I mean I have no juice, electric power, won't start. I'm a first time owner of a mv and have no idea where to start unfortunately . I'd still like to know later about turning up the power there after I get power to start'er up ;)

I one time turned my M52a2 off changed a tire and went to start it and nothing found out one batteries failed in side and I was only getting 12 volts not 24 volts. check them not hooked together .

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree. Check batteries and their connections first. Then start following the power. Test light works, volt meter is more accurate and will show if there's any significant voltage drop at each point. Look for power to the main switch. Then power coming out of the switch when turned on, and so on.

For the TM's, go to the main page, near the top.

Scrounger

Box stock M54A2 is about as simple as one can get. There isn’t a protection control box, fuel solenoid or any of the new happy stuff.

Have good batteries with clean tight connections. When one turns on the master switch the fuel and voltage gauge needles should move. If they don’t, start checking the connections at the switch and work your way to the batteries. When the master switch is on you should also hear the in-tank fuel pump running. If you have that stuff working and the starter doesn’t crank when you press the starter button, check the wires from the button to the starter for loose connections and continuity. A good multi-meter is your friend.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone tell me where exactly that I can find the TM for a 1972 m54a2? I can not find it here anywhere. Or at least give me some help? I don't have any power. I paid off my truck and can't go to pick it up now. The previous owner believes it may be a wiring issue, but it ran before it was parked before winter. I've tried to search for it here and seen a cple of comments about this issue with them but can't find an actual diagram. I did see something about it being in the 211-20-2-2tm but it's nowhere to be found. If anyone is in southren NH area and knows anything about an issue like this and has the ability to help, I would be greatly appreciative. Would even buy the beer and steak and have a cple dollars ready. Trucks in Barrington, Nh and I'm in Rindge, NH
[h=1]TM's for the M39 Series 5-ton[/h]

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any power at all?
OR just will not crank?
Some later M39's had a starter interlock control, similar to the start protection box on the 800's.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks