• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M54a2 oil leak

54’ chevy

On my first trip out with my m54 I lost the clutch after a lot of oil dumped into it. Turns out I had overfilled the transmission, so I figured that was the cause. I replaced the rear main seal and carrier gasket, pilot bearing, clutch disk and pressure plate. Also, drained transmission fluid to correct level. I just got it all wrapped up, had the truck out, and it after 5-10 miles, it seemed like the clutch was sticking. Got it home, and checked under it. After about 15 minutes, it’s once again leaking from the weep hole.

I’m at a loss to what is causing this. I have replaced rear main seals in the past and never had issues. This one installed great and I even added a thin layer of sealant to the gasket. I can’t be sure where the leak is from but any ideas before I tear this back apart, again.

54’ chevy

Is it dripping GO 90 or OE 30?
I used 40 weight for the transmission so it’s very difficult to tell what is leaking exactly, engine or transmission. From the looks if it, it appears to be from the transmission. I will get some UV due to confirm the source soon.

Reactions: HDN
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks