• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M62 spotted in Winchester, MA, DPW yard....

Adamlee

Yes, the 5-ton M62 wrecker (thanks for the ID today, Jeff!) I originally spotted 4 years ago is still here at the Dept of Public Works maintenance facility here in rainy Winchester, Mass.

Took some pics of it and another deuce cargo setup for snowplowing here about 2 or 3 years ago when I visited; yeas they are both still here but have been moved.

Anybody up in the suburban Boston area interested, I'd check in with the township and see if they can get sold. They just have sat here is all. The M62 is still a gasser, with Austin-Western boom/crane and original crummy national guard camo job.

The 73 AM general deuce has a snow plow frame attached, and a nice bed and cab, also a power steering conversion.

I am not with camera at the moment, I'm sure to snap pics before we leave for Acadia, and relatives in Maine.

Attachments

acetomatoco

I bought a nice M543A2 out of Boylston MA, via GSA, a coupla years ago... you now know it as Jatonka Toy Hooker in NY...

Adamlee

Updated my post with pics

Guys, I updated my post about the 5-ton M62 wrecker and the 73 deuce and a half with some pics. These pics are from 3 years ago, but nothing has changed since. Not one bit....although, the firehose apparatus in the cargo bed of the M35A2 has gone.

As you can see from the door markings, these belong to the town of Winchester, Mass, and maybe they can be pried away from the town. No idea, you guys do the work! All I can say is they have been sitting there unused for more than five years.

Enjoy the pics. The deuce has a p/s conversion I photographed.

ida34

Re: RE: Updated my post with pics

M1075 said:
Is this posting appropriate with the new policy? Someone might steal the deal!
I was really trying not to make a comment like this. rofl

Adamlee

Re: RE: Updated my post with pics

M1075 said:
Is this posting appropriate with the new policy? Someone might steal the deal!
jesus christ, let it go.

is this a GL or GSA auction? I know chris and mike are getting slammed over this crap.

this is just a pair of old OD six-bys that are sitting in a township's maintenance yard. they are not for sale, being actively auctioned, or anything.

1075, ida, other thrillseekers....don't inflame the auction issue any further just for having fun. this was some iron crap I saw on vacation.

jesus christ this site is becoming just as political as all the others. all because of the membership, NOT the stewardship.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks