• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M62 wrecker hoist turn table info any one?

calvin3103

My M62 has massive paly and jerking movement in the trun table, so when i took off the deck plate cover the hydraulics move this shaft in a clock wise and counter clock wise motion,the shaft was popping out so i went under and opend the cover and the bearing was in pices , look like it was a 3-4 inch roller bearing like a timkin, i cant find a TM or do not know the numbers for that TM, i hate sound like a lazy guy but if any one had this problem and knows the bearing size, can you let me know or i may have to size it with a caliper i do not have. this bearing was in 1000 pices this wrecker was abused and sitting till i found it now im bring it back to life if i can afford it.

Mahalo, cal

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Last edited:

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The bad thing with those TMs is it will give the bearing part # for the 819 (same as the 246/62) but not what the bearing IS,. What is needed is the OLD ord-9, 744 parts book, it will give the maker of the bearing, size , ect, , unfortunately I loaned mine out

GUILTY: Okay I can look in the book on Wednesday when I get back to the workshop :)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please add your State to your location information. This is a site requirement.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
if you could pass on the specs for the bearing from your org book that would be great.
Drawings were copied from this fine TM.
Other info was taken from that classic book ORD 9 SNL G-742, Jan1955. (Took me a while before I found out that there is a misprint on the number for the upper bearing cup #7406935, on page 593...)

See resulting GIF files, attached below...

G.

Attachments

calvin3103

Drawings were copied from this fine TM.
Other info was taken from that classic book ORD 9 SNL G-742, Jan1955. (Took me a while before I found out that there is a misprint on the number for the upper bearing cup #7406935, on page 593...)

See resulting GIF files, attached below...

G.
Thank your a life savor, now i need to find some place in hawaii for that bearing or have to mail order it, so hard to get things in paradise.

Thanks, cal

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks