• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M756A2 BII Equipment

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know there are at least 2 other folks here who would be interested so here's a pic of a good part of the pipeline BII. Besides what's in the pic there was an additional bed anchor and snatch block. Also included were 2 lever type binders (got then but nothing unique) and some lengths of pipe. there was 2 23 1/2' lengths of grade 80 1/2" chain with pear shaped links for the trunion and one additonal log type chain (length escapes my feeble mind). I hope the pic is of some value. BTW the -209-20P has a nice breakdown on all the sheaves and trunions.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Holy crap, Kenny, do you have all those parts in your possession? If me and my dad can't find originals to buy I may have to borrow some of those to make copies for my Dad. That's a great score for you if that stuff came in your truck when you bought it!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yep, all that was in the rusty sucker. It was a huge find! I know of no one with all those parts. I even have the original chain binders that came with the truck. I'm missing only one sheave and anchor but it's for the side mount a frame and I doubt I'll ever do that. If I do I can use the rear anchor in the center pocket. I'll have to buy chain but that's nothing. I sent you an emai to the webmaster address ref a winch.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the story with the truck. A guy in Ft Lauderdale buys alot of trucks from GSA and GL. He buys alot of parts trucks and the like since there is a pretty decent market here for axles (another reason I need one). He told me he had a truck coming in with a weird bed and mentioned pipe truck. I was there when the lowboy pulled in and about tripped over my chin. Right there in the flesh was a mostly complete and mostly rusted out pipeline truck. With shipping he had about $1700 in it. We bickered back and forth and came to the deal that he would strip off all he wanted that wasn't related to the pipeline equipment and I could buy the rest for $500. We shook and it was final. I then went and started opening the tool boxes. I expected rat droppings and garbage since I've never seen a pipeline truck with all the BII pieces. I'll bet I looked like a ghost when I opened the left box and found the motherlode of goodies. I didn't have the cash to give him right there but he assured me the truck was mine. This friend runs a towing company and refers to his drivers as mutants. They screw up everything. Considering that I asked if I could remove these very rare items and he said sure. When I went home that morning all the BII stuff was in the back seat of my police car. It was 3 months later when the truck finally made it home. We later struck up a deal and I traded a metal car port for the truck. I also bought the front winch assy for $500. He sold the front axle and another rear for $1200 and that combined with what I gave him, he recovered his money. He still has the engine and trans for another project. Now if I can just get a deal on a front axle. BTW, found a brand new in the crate rear axle assy with the air lock diff for $850. I'm going to have to have that too (I hope).

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sweet buddy! We need chit-chat sometime about me "borrowing" your parts to make replicas or find suitable civilian counterparts. The biggest thing we need is the trunion and trunion sheave.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No worries Chris! I have no problem letting y'all take em to copy them. I guess the joker in WI never returned your email? I'm also working with a guy in WA state. Close friend of his has a military bone yard and has some odd stuff. He got me towbar adapters. He's got pics and is going to go over the yard with a fine tooth comb in exchange for some older deuce manuals I've given him. With luck he finds at least a couple of parts.