• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813 ECB bypass

wtxjoe

Recently I found my 813 would not start and purchased a new ECB when I put the new control box on the truck would start but would not shut down by the ign. switch and the new box quit so I cut open the old box and jumped it to get the truck moved. Is there a way to bypass this week link or does anyone know what would cause this problem? Thanks

74M35A2

I believe there is a small difference between the PCB for an 800 v 900 series truck. Maybe you were given the wrong PCB?

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a solenoid was stuck in the replacement box. 939 series boxes work with the M809 trucks but not vice versa but that doesn't seem to be the issue here. At the moment there is no permanent workaround besides replacing the relays, the box, or jumping the truck manually at this time. With the replacement box give it a few "twaps" with a soft blow hammer and try it again, sometimes corrosion in the solenoids builds up and makes it stick and in this case not turn the truck off.

BigDawg41

Does the ignition switch control engine shut down or the PCB box? My engine never shut down with the ignition since I owned it. I recently replaced my PCB with a used 939 series one for an intermittent no crank but it still won't shut down unless I flip the battery switch.

wtxjoe

When the original box was working the engine starter switch shut the engine down however with this new box neither switch would shut down the box I had to use the emergency fuel shutoff to kill it. Thanks for the hammer tip I am going to try it now however I belive the new box has already quit I am not getting power to the air buzzer to sound with it. Had anyone had experience with eirksmilitarysupply that who I got the box from do you think they will take it back being it didn't work correctly since purchase?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks