• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M813A1 W/W Headed To Vermont

kurt802

Hello Everyone,
I think this is in the right forum since I just bought a 5 ton.
My first transaction with GL resulted in sale cancelled after no action for 64 days and loss of nice M35A2. I went ahead and bid on a M813A1 W/W and the EUC cleared in 5 days. Now I need help when it gets here next week 1/5/10. Anyone near the White River Junction, VT area that would be willing to help me get it home after it is off loaded?
I will post pictures of the truck when it gets here.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Kurt802

Last edited:

vtdeucedriver

There are only a handful of vermonters on the SS site. There may be some NH guys that are a bit closer. What are you looking for as for help???? I am up in Burlington. Modivation lately to get to the weathervane in Lebanon has been pretty great so it might not take much to get me down there.

If you looking for a tow home, my tractor does not come out to play in the winter.

kurt802

Hello,
I don't have the delivery time details, yet. I was thinking that if someone was close by that could lend me a hand, a lunch or dinner at the Weathervane is on me. I don't think it will need a tow. A jump start and some knowledge will probably do it. I have some mechanical skills. When I was waiting for my first EUC to clear I was reading a lot about the M35A2 and bought some parts and filters. When I lost that truck I had all these parts and no truck to install them :-(. As time went by I was glad that I didn't get the Deuce because now I am so stoked to get this 5 ton. Can't get much better than a NHC250, drop side, winch truck :driver:

kurt802

Eric@Hotshotcentral.com will be transporting the truck Tuesday the 5th. I don't know his schedule and waiting to hear back from him. Will post time and place. Could be a night time drop off. This could get the neighbors curious. I hope it is during daylight hours for my first ever drive of the 5 ton. I will have to photograph this and post it later next week. We are supposed to get 5 more inches of snow tonight and 3 more tomorrow. I will be busy clearing a place to park it, too. I have the registration and the insurance is on Monday. Thanks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you read TM 9-2320-260-10 yet? If not you still have a few days to digest it. Click on resources at the top and click on TMs then scroll to it. Much needed info.

kurt802

Have you read TM 9-2320-260-10 yet? If not you still have a few days to digest it. Click on resources at the top and click on TMs then scroll to it. Much needed info.
Thanks, I have been reading the TM -10 for orientation of controls. Wouldn't it be nice the next time you bought a new pickup truck or car it came with TM's instead of the benign owners manuals. I looked around for used medium duty trucks and most were rusted in my price range. This M813A1 has no rust an kicks the crap out of anything on the market and I can do most of the work myself.

vtdeucedriver

Thanks, I have been reading the TM -10 for orientation of controls. Wouldn't it be nice the next time you bought a new pickup truck or car it came with TM's instead of the benign owners manuals. I looked around for used medium duty trucks and most were rusted in my price range. This M813A1 has no rust an kicks the crap out of anything on the market and I can do most of the work myself.
What kind of work you going to do with it?????

If your interested, check us out!

www.gmmvc.org

Earth

Earth here. I'm real close, and glad to help out. PM me or call 802-439-6756. Eric brought my last M818 up from KY last month, so he knows the way.

kurt802

What kind of work you going to do with it?????

If your interested, check us out!

www.gmmvc.org
vtdeucedriver, I will work the truck hauling lumber and fire wood. Tractor fork lift loading on the drop sides. Read a great article by a SS member for a dump body conversion that keeps the original appearance of the truck. I am interested in the Green Mountain MV club and will check it out. Thanks.

xm708

Kurt sorry to jump in late on this one. I am also a neighbor to your North.I live in Lyndonville. I wish I could come help this Tuesday. I have to work all week. I don't have any dueces or 5 tons just a bunch of M37's some dumps and some trucks. If you need help later on I am always ready to come down on a weekend.

ed

kurt802

Kurt sorry to jump in late on this one. I am also a neighbor to your North.I live in Lyndonville. I wish I could come help this Tuesday. I have to work all week. I don't have any dueces or 5 tons just a bunch of M37's some dumps and some trucks. If you need help later on I am always ready to come down on a weekend.

ed
Thanks Ed,

We go to Lyndonville once in a while to visit relatives. I will be sure to let you know when we are up that way with the 5 ton so you can check it out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks