• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 5 Ton Cab Seals Need Help

iplabs

I need help in tracking down some cab seals. I need the seals that go between the cab sections. I am attaching some photos of what I have so you can see what I am talking about.

I do not know for sure what the cab is off of. My grandfather built this in the early 1970s, and all I can find out is that the cab was from a 5 ton county fire truck that was originally a military vehicle. The cab is apparently an M813 Series Vehicle cab or M809, or M816. The cab was narrowed when he built this creation, in order to fit on the GPW frame.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kendall Bassett

Attachments

acetomatoco

Both gaskets are the same, the one between the vertical and horizontal section and the one between the vertical and the cab...Two per truck... Look under kits in your parts books for the M800 series and find the NSN and then trace down the cage code which will give you the MFR and then order em up... Sounds simple, but probably easier to find em in a big mil junk yard if there are any left...

acetomatoco

RE: seals

Well, original post said they thought it was a 800 series top, so I did not want to introduce too many variables into the equation... Of course the gaskets from the 1951 M35 hardtop will fit too.. along with M54 and M123 etc...all except the GMCs,,,,and the Ord 9s of old will probably have a nice Studebaker number if you want it.... There...I did it again...

iplabs

RE: seals

Thank You for the help. I still have not tracked down these however I did find an id tag buried under foam and paint. It identifies the cab as:

Closure Hard Top For
Truck 2 1/2 Ton 6X6 M44 Series
Truck 5 Ton 6X6 M39 Series
Superior Coach Corp.
Pathfinder Div. Kosciusko, Miss.
Contract No. DA-20-089-ORD-8126 F.S.
Serial No. RB 1502 Date 8.13.53
Ordnance Part No. 7354276

I appreciate the previous posts but due to my ignorance I do not know how to "find the NSN and then trace down the cage code which will give you the MFR and then order em up".

Any tips on where I can find these or the part number would be appreciated.

Thank You
Kendall Bassett

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
acetomatoco said:
And the gaskets are the same to this day... RAM aka ACE....

ACE.. An original member of the ACE Tomato Company circa 1975. Not affiliated with ACE Hardware Company. No MV were injured in the creation of this message, additionally, the whining blocker is energised.
Ross, did you use spellcheck when you did your signature?

iplabs

I was able to procure reasonable new rubber replacements from: Clark Truck Parts.
Their contact information follows.

Kendall,
We had a local rubber shop make our seals for us. They are flat. $35 each.

Arnold Savilla
Parts Manager
Clark Truck Parts
www.clarktruck.com
Ph: 304-755-8811
Fax: 304-769-7998
Email: arnold@clarktruck.com

Thanks again,

Kendall Bassett

P.S.
Staff Sergeant Frisch,

This is only about 15% jeep now, so it's too far gone to save. It will have to stay the ugly duckling that gramps made. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks