• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M816 Clutch problem

HPDLakeSgt

My department has an M816 wrecker truck. It was driven to my office just fine. Now the clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor and won't return. The return spring is still attached. It takes some force to pull the pedal back up, but it won't stay up.

Any ideas? Out of adjustment? Bad clutch? I want to get an idea of what might be wrong before I send it in to be fixed. This is my first experience with the M809 series.

Thanks

Sgt. T.W. Harding

Westech

CPL
rusted input shaft? First off lube the shaft, take off the cover on the bottom of the bell housing and there is a zerk on the throw out bearing. Make sure to lube all the moving joints also. There should be zerks, if not hit them up with some spray oil like "PB blaster" or like said spray.

Gamagoat1

Make sure someone hasn't raised the clutch control on the deck in front of the rear winch.. This would pressurize the roto chamber and hold the clutch pedal down or disengaged.

Last edited:

HPDLakeSgt

Make sure someone hasn't raised the clutch control on the deck in front of the rear winch.. This would pressurize the roto chamber and hold the clutch pedal down or disengaged.
I bet that is what it is. Overnight the clutch pedal came back up. With engine not running clutch pedal worked fine, but after starting engine and trying to move truck, clutch pedal sunk to floor and stayed there.

Still reading all 400+ pages of TM.

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks