• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M817 dump body on M931A2 Chassis questions about pump and valve

Jeep Nasty

I have an m817 with detroit lockers, that a logging fellow wants to buy, but does not need the dump body. So I was thinking I could put the dump frame and body on one of my M931 trucks. I don't want to go through the hassle of hooking up PTO to M931 and would just want to run a 24v Hydraulic pump to the reservoir and get an in cab valve control.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel if this has been done. Any part numbers or suggestions for pump and valve. I have poured through the TM's and can't find the PSI and GPM rating for either to get a comparison. I have also searched the NSN for the specs with no luck. I don't want to big of a pump and stress the system, but I don't want the dumping process to take forever.

Aruba1

[FONT=verdana, sans-serif]I am looking into using a 24v hyd pump on my M931A1 too but with a non-military 12' dump bed. These pumps ("
SPX Stone Fenner model 1793-AC 24v DC Motor/ Portable Hydraulic Pump") are available on ebay for $299. Will these work or do a need to get something different?
[/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

LCA078

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Resurrecting an old thread here as I'm thinking about adding an M817 dump bed to a M931. Somewhere on the forum I remember reading that the M817 dump cab protector will bottom out on the M931 cab. I saw a reference to shorten the exhaust and intake pipe but I thought it was an issue with the M931 cab being taller. Anyone know the ground truth if an M817 dump bed will fit on a M931 without a lot of modification (I know the hydraulics are a completely separate issue)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks