• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M817 electrical

Iyaayas184

I am working on getting an M817 dump truck running again at our local museum. It ran and started when we parked it a few weeks ago, but now won't crabk even when slaved. The voltmeter occaisionally indicates voltage but as soon as I hit the strater it dies and sometimes will not come back on for a long length of time. I have cleaned every electrical connector on the batteris and ground and even replaced the connector for circuit 74 at the starter. I removed the control box which I hear is often a problem and get no continuity between the case ground and any circuit nor any continuity between any pin and any other pin on the box. The wiring running to and from the box all checks good. sometimes I do hear a relay click when I turn the battery on, but don't know which one it is. I also have no lights at all and all of them I know were in good working order. might it be possible that the possitive cable from the battery is bad as well?

I am at wits end with this truck and need to get it running soon.:x

oilcan

I'd swap the control box with a unit from a running truck. If it works, you know what to do! (That is if you have another 809 series truck hanging around.)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks