• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 air leak under dash

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found air leaking out the right side of the low air buzzer switch. There is a small hole on the right side of the switch where you can feel the air coming out.

Is this a similiar problem as I've read on deuces?
Some folks have posted how you can take them apart (watch out for the flying spring:p), clean them up a bit and they work again.

Is this correct?

thanks,

ncduece

same problem. ive tried to repair,clean mine no luck the old rubber is just to hard and wont seal back up. pm me if you need a good used one for $25

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll do the "plug it to make it go away":lol: solution.

Groundog, I'm glad to be back also. Thanks.

Hammer

Mine was leaking, pulled it apart to clean it, and I literally only wiped some small amounts of oily stuff out, and it works perfectly now.
It is the same part as the deuce btw, so getting another one is just a deuce part if you don't just plug the hole first.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks