• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 brake issue

Chief Gantt

I have a m818, the brakes are gradually locking up the more you apply them. I have constant air coming from the service gladhand at the rear of the truck instead of when you just apply the brakes. I did get some brake fluid from the rear drain on the back side of the airpack under the shuttle valve. I have ordered a rebuild kit, just looking for others who had the same issue to ensure that I’m not just seeing airpack and maybe have a stuck shuttle vavle too. Master cylinder isn’t sticking, the operating rod from the pedal to the master cylinder has very little slack.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
check the adjustment on the op rod to the MS .. the TM will tell you the number .. I did not refer to the TM once and adjusted the rod to have less pedal play, and it ended up being a mistake as it got tighter and tighter with repeated applications, to the point the brakes would drag until enough time had passed for things to release ... not saying that is the problem , but it's a place to start if there is not much play in the pedal even after truck has sat overnight

Chief Gantt

check the adjustment on the op rod to the MS .. the TM will tell you the number .. I did not refer to the TM once and adjusted the rod to have less pedal play, and it ended up being a mistake as it got tighter and tighter with repeated applications, to the point the brakes would drag until enough time had passed for things to release ... not saying that is the problem , but it's a place to start if there is not much play in the pedal even after truck has sat overnight
I checked and it’s adjusted correctly

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks