• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m818 brake lights not working

wcuhillbilly

mine was in a really hard place to get to up on the inside of the frame rail... behind the MC. Take the wires off, and jumper them together, lights on= bad switch, no lights,,,,, keep looking... TM has a good diagram but may not be completely accurate in some 809 applications, there were 2 switches used.. and some have had some redneck ingenuity applied.... Some guys use a modern switch and relocate it to the brake pedal itself so as to not have to contort into the original location, This is handy when installing Jake brake cutout switches or other addons.

US6x4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you start with the simple stuff like activating the brake lights on the light master switch?

I've forgotten that a few times.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks