• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m818 brake problems "HELP!!??"

atvcat33

afternoon to my fellow mv owners. took the semi down to the race track and while in line for tickets starting and stoping and clucthing all the time my brakes faded out to the point i had it to the floor and i was using my handbrake to stop from hiting the truck in front of me. whats going on, and then when i went to leave i had brake pressure all the way home half hour away??

i bleed the brakes last weekend. i started with the farthest rear axels then did the front then the master and then the bleeder on the line leaving the airpack. did i miss one or i do it wrong? i had the truck running with air pressure. they are really sensitive when they do work. seem wo want to lock up easy. any help id appreciated.

also when i do pump the brakes all the way it makes a swooshing sound that come out of a 3/4 tube off the air pack sounds nothing like a real semi valve. is that normal too. my m35 doesnt make that silly swooshing sound, and the brakes on the m35 are like the brakes on a new truck very smooth and gradual.

Westech

CPL
the air sound is ok... the 800's vent the air pack air to the out side while the deuce vents it in to the vent line system. sounds like maybe the master cylinder is starting to go out. They will work one min and there will be nothing there the next. It does not sound like a "brake fade' you would have smelled burning brakes and seen smoke if that were to happen on the 800.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks