• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 fuel knock in Cummins

gem1410

My M818 has 48k miles--starts fast--idles at 625 rpm--comes up to running temp--it has low power and is very slow getting up to 50mph. It has what sounds like a fuel knock all the way up to 45mph--Over 45mph the noise goes away and the engine sounds OK--The noise comes back as soon as I go under 45mph--Any ideas what this might be--Thanks

gem1410

may have a bad injector--will try cracking each line to find the bad one--I have never worked on these engines--how hard is it to get at the injectors----Thanks

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
may have a bad injector--will try cracking each line to find the bad one--I have never worked on these engines--how hard is it to get at the injectors----Thanks
cracking the line will do what? what are you looking for when doing this?

gem1410

find which injector is not working--I am looking for the engine to run rough if the injector is good with the fuel line cracked and for the engine to run the same with a bad injector cracked at the fuel line

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

If you have an 818, you have an 855...no injector lines to crack. Does it miss at start up? The N/A 855's do have a rattling sound on acceleration. You say you see unburnt fuel out the pipe. What color is it?

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
find which injector is not working--I am looking for the engine to run rough if the injector is good with the fuel line cracked and for the engine to run the same with a bad injector cracked at the fuel line
got it...thanks

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The fuel looks clean although I will check the filter on monday
Don't forget the fuel screen on the TP under the big flat head screw on top.
Could your emergency shut down valve not be reset all the way. How are the rubber lines on the transfer valve?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks