• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 + M109 body

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello Sir,

Loved seeing your creation of the tractor with shop box. I have been thinking about that for the last year trying to visualize it. And here you are done with it already. My respect.

May I ask you a few basic questions about the experiment;

1) How does it handle off road versus the stock M109, Is there enough weight to make the rear axles articulate throug deep ditches or do you loose traction
with one or two of the wheels ?

Never had it offroad yet.

2) I suppose you can do a much better side angle with that much axel weight to prevent side tipping, it probably does not feel top heavy it all, correct?

Feels very stable with 11.00x20's. No crane so no test of tipping angle.

3) What is your highway cruise speed and feul consumption?

52MPH, 7MPG

4) How good is the insulation of the M109 box in hot weather ?

unknown

5) With the HC 250 engine It should not slow down much moving up a grade unlike the multifuel M109, is the difference drastic or minimal ?

no issues on grade due to 250HP /600FT LBs vs 140/300

I am planing to build a more power full expedition camper than my stock M35A2c.

Please mail me your thoughts before I start the purchases and all the effort.

If you happen to know a very clean M109 box, let me know.

Thanks a very large bunch!

Allard
Reno, Nevada
775 233 5766

DanoBonanno

Does anyone know where I can get parts for the M109 body?
Looking for the exhaust fan that is on the interior rear driver side, window cover latches.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks