• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 Plate Location

Armada

Where do you guys with M818's mount your license plate at? I've got no mudflaps so that option is out. I'm thinking on the back of the tool box maybe. Any pictures would be great. Thanks.

alphadeltaromeo

Ya I saw that one too...had the XL's on it and I actually commented on it too :D Umm, I think it was buggyman's if I recall correctly. I liked that location.

ida34

All states are front for tractors. Even some 1 tons with fifth wheels or goosenecks qualify for the plate to be on the front in some states like Tennessee. It optional in some states and you can put the plate on the rear but Michigan requires the plate to be on the front of a tractor. The law is below for your reading pleasure.

257.225 Registration plate; attachment to vehicle; legibility; color; distinctive registration
plates; name plate, insignia, or advertising device prohibited; violation as civil infraction.
Sec. 225. (1) A registration plate issued for a vehicle shall be attached to the rear of the vehicle. Except
that a registration plate issued for a truck tractor or road tractor shall be attached to the front of that vehicle.

(2) A registration plate shall at all times be securely fastened in a horizontal position to the vehicle for
which the plate is issued so as to prevent the plate from swinging. The plate shall be attached at a height of
not less than 12 inches from the ground, measured from the bottom of the plate, in a place and position which
is clearly visible. The plate shall be maintained free from foreign materials that obscure or partially obscure
the registration information, and in a clearly legible condition.
(3) A registration plate or the expiration tab on the registration plate shall be of a different color designated
by the secretary of state with a marked contrast between the color of the registration plate and the numerals or
letters on the plate. The secretary of state may provide a distinctive registration plate as a replacement for a
standard plate. To honor a special or historical event, the secretary of state may provide a commemorative
plate as a replacement for a standard plate.
(4) A person shall not attach a name plate, insignia, or advertising device to a motor vehicle registration
plate in a manner which obscures or partially obscures the registration information.
(5) A person shall not operate a motor vehicle which has a name plate, insignia, or advertising device
attached to a motor vehicle registration plate in a manner which obscures or partially obscures the registration
information.
(6) A person who violates this section is responsible for a civil infraction.

I also had my plates in the glove/map box for a long time. I just started displaying them recently. Kinda a rebel thing i guess. still dont have the M819 plate mounted or even out of the wrapper. I have never had any trouble with this. probly just a matter of time tho. and thanks Chuck for confirming to all what the law says. Tractors have been required to wear the plate on the front for the 28 years that i have been driving commercial vehicles. oh boy i must be getting old! :shock:

Armada

Glad I asked the question, I would have mounted my plate on the rear. I really liked Buggymans plate location too.
Thanks Chuck for posting the 'letter of the law' for Michigan. Are they supposed to be illuminated too???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks