• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M818 PTO seals and boots replacment

Ajax MD

I replaced my transmission oil as well, and also noticed no improvement in shifting. I stuck with GL1 90w just to play it safe with the yellow metal components.

I read the religious flame wars in the archives about other types of gear oil and whether or not they are GL1 compliant but still wasn't comfortable using anything else.

The one thing that seems to improve shifting somewhat- Heat. Heat from driving and shifting. 30 miles is barely enough to get things up to temp in the fall and winter months. This past weekend, I finally took an extended drive (also about 30 miles) and found the shifting to be noticeably easier as I was close to home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks