• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M819, M246 boom pins needed

I am looking for the pins(about 2 inch by 10 inch) to pin the iinner boom extension with the middle extension. Or if anyone has one can they measure it and send me the measurements??? and maybe a picture?

Somebody had left the pins out and has pulled the inner boom (has the pulleys on the end) into the middle boom. I still need to figure out how to pull it back out.

Thanks,

John

That is a good article on the tools and identifying the various pins. Unfortunately, the one that I needed is not there. I could make one or find one that would work. But, I wanted to be able to reproduce one just like the OEM. There is also one other pin that is unique to the M246 and M819 this is not on the M62 or M543 and that is the pivot lock pin. But it appears to be the same as the pin that is used on the shipper booms to lenghten and shorten them.

I have one M819 and two M62 wreckers. M817, M52A1 (Mack diesels are great), M52A2. Two M127's ( one straight air and one air/hydraulic) and one M172 (straight air) trailers.

John

No.2Diesel

Hello doody commander and welcome to the site. Nice collection.

My Brother and I recently acquired an M819...see "M819/M246 Ops Questions" thread. The boom contains two of these pins you describe. They are really fat in diameter, have a head on them, and as soon as they exit the other side of the boom they taper sharply to a dull point. I can give you exact measurements but it will be 24hrs. until I can post them. I too am missing the turn-table pin and the pins for the boom support poles.

We have not extended the boom to 26ft. yet. Are the removal of these pins required to get the full boom extension?

Yep Kenny,

The one and only. You may remember the M/F compressor adjusting wrenches that I make.

I have expanded my collecting to include the M819. I will have to get some pictures of the M819 and post them this weekend.

John

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember the compressor wrenches? Everytime I change a belt I hold one. Welcome to the family John. I'm sure once you get settled it you will find a lot of familiar folks here from the mailing list. We welcome any pics of your trucks and especially wreckers. Love wreckers for sure.

No.2Diesel

Attached is a quick sketch of the boom extension pins found on the M819. I didn't get have time to smack it out so the diameter of the through hole for the retaining pin is not known so don't go nuts. I would guess 3/16" or .1875".

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks