• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m820 with fs 97

mdsuave13

I am buying a good condition m820 from a guy in Mississippi. He says hes got a fs97 for the truck and has not titled it in MS. he is selling the truck on ebay and that once the aution ended and i paid for the truck, he would title the truck in MS. Then he would sign the title over to me.

I am new to the whole MV reg process, but this seems to make little sense to me.

Should i just take the truck and the Fs-97 with me and do the work in MD? or should it go down in the way he explained to me?

many thanks.

Justin

papercu

I don't see a M820 on ebay? The process could work that way and really depends on the DMV laws in MD.
Speaking for myself I see no reason it shouldn't already be titled and wouldn't want to have problems after I paid. Wayne.

mdsuave13

i believe this guy bought this with intentions to keep it and then ended up getting another truck that better suited him. He never went thru the fs-97 title process and he said that once the truck was sold, he would go ahead with it. he was worried about selling the truck with the m820's being less desirable then other MV's and the economy and gas prices being all out of control.

He has around 850 positive feedback with 100% rating and has sold MV's previously thru ebay. He seems like a decent fellow, not sure how the title process works with MV's so ifigured id throw this out there for more experienced people to chime in,

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If he's going to title it in MS and not charge you anything in addition to what you pay for it then that's the way to go. There's a whole lot less hassle walking in to the DMV with a properly signed title and bill of sale than trying to explain why you have an SF97 in someone else's name.

mdsuave13

mkcoen, thats what i was thinking.

A few years ago i bought a chinese scooter with an MSO. the dmv looked at me like WTF, how did you get this!?!??!

it took about 12 trips, many many many faxes, letters, etc. to get that 600 dollar scoot titled for street use... real pita.

Thanks for the help so far, if anyone thinks of anything that may be useful for me to look into about this whole MV process, i am a newb and so far, i'm more then excited to be a part of the family.. oh and to have a 25,000 lb 6x6 cummins diesel camper/apt on wheels :)

Nonotagain

It could be something as simple as not wanting to spend any more money on the truck than he has to, until he has to.

I would imagine that the DMV in his state want to collect fees for their services. If he already has a SF97 and the bill of sale from GL showing the taxes have been paid the only thing he will need to do is the titling and possible state inspection.

I have a boat that I lost the title on that I'm not spending another cent on until I have a firm buyer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks