• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 318 Engine Intake Manifold Question

chillydog

Does anyone out there have a 318 intake manifold out there from a M880 that they can look at and check something for me? Specifically, if you look straight down into the manifold, you will see a specialized pipe plug-- ,or a threaded, seated hole for a pipe plug. On my truck, there is no pipe plug- the bright clean threaded hole is there, open. Seems odd. My truck suffers from low or no engine vacuum- could this be the cause??? If you check out the -24P for the 880, the plug is called "plug, manifold vacuum control" and is shown installed,as part of the engine assembly. And the 24P should show the 318 as installed in the 880 family. I think my plug is missing.
The reason I'm asking for an M880 engine is, the local Dodge Dealer old timer parts guy said he thought the plug had something to do with if the vehicle had an EGR valve or not-- installed in a passenger car(EGR) or in a truck(no EGR). I seem to remember reading the M880's were built with minimal emissions controls.
So- best way to resolve this- can someone check and let me know?
Thanks!
Chillydog

The "plug", was termed a "floor jet". It had a metered port that bled exhaust gas from the crossover port into the intake plenum. It was an early EGR system found on passenger cars.
Your best bet is to plug it.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ANOTHER Intake problem:
I do not know what this is but it's leaking fuel from the screen, can anybody tell me what it is, if it can be cleaned, or if I need to replace it with a new one?

http://s48.photobucket.com/user/SilverCanislupus/media/Leaker_zps06ljrd9w.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Thanks in advance.
Bill
Bill, your picture is of a multifuel engine, you posted in the M880 area, that is the flame heater, disconnect and cap off the fuel line leading to it, it is not used except in sub-zero climates.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks