• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 project update / Tailgating

N1265

Great job on the winter pattern Bob..... are you going to put a cargo cover on it ?

I see in some of your pics you had the frame work and Jamie T. is selling the covers new in the box for $150.

McGuyver

Very nice work there Bob. This is the truck that was formerly painted red, isn't it? Did you use the pattern I transferred to paint that, or did you just copy the pattern from your other M882? Either way, it looks fantastic. By the way, whose paint did you decide to go with? Did you use the RAPCO akrylic enamel? I've been pretty happy with it so far.

citizensoldier

original top?

Very nice looking truck. Are you going to do it back to original specs? If so we may be willing to part with the troop seats and top bows from our M880. I will talk to the head dude if you are interested. We took them off and put a topper on. I dont think we will be using them again. I have seen NOS vynil top on ebay for a good price too...
Very nice paint job... :D

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow Thanks!

Recovry4x4 ,
4 color merdc pattern

N1265,
Cargo cover is in the plans.

McGuyver
Yep it's the red one.
Gillespie alkyd enamel
Combination of your pattern, my M882 & from other pics (with a few mistakes :oops: ).
I believe that the M715 pattern is what they used on these trucks, until the 3 color nato came out.

citizensoldier ,
It'll be pretty much original spec,
except for the wheels & tires, trailer hitch & the 24v battery tray and an antenna mount from a M882
I could use the top bows & troop seats, the ones I have on the parts 882 are incomplete & rusted / bent.

4 color MERDC winter pattern,
While working on this with the TV on,
GhostBusters, has 2 M880's in it with this camo.
Heartbreak Ridge, trucks have the same camo
Going to start looking closer at some other movies.

citizensoldier

Troop seats

I will talk with our head honcho and see what he wants for them. I do know he wants them out of his garage. The troop seats were in good shape. I think the bows had some rust but were not bent. I just remember him saying they were a pain in the A@# to get off... I will be in touch after I talk to him...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looked about half MERDC to me but whatever it is, it looks fantastic. Everytime I try to concentrate on the projects I have here, somebody pops up a pic of an M880 that just starts me over again. If for nothing else, I want one as a grocery getter, convoy vehicle.

McGuyver

Bob H said:
Wow Thanks!
McGuyver
Yep it's the red one.
Gillespie alkyd enamel
Combination of your pattern, my M882 & from other pics (with a few mistakes :oops: ).
I believe that the M715 pattern is what they used on these trucks, until the 3 color nato came out.

4 color MERDC winter pattern,
While working on this with the TV on,
GhostBusters, has 2 M880's in it with this camo.
Heartbreak Ridge, trucks have the same camo
Going to start looking closer at some other movies.
Hello Bob,

yep, the M715 pattern is what I used when I transferred it over to the M880. It is nearly identical to what was used on the M880's.

I've seen the M880's in Ghostbusters, but didn't know about the ones in heartbreak ridge. I'll have to keep an eye out for that movie to rent it.

I've got the troop seats and cargo cover for mine too. If I were you, I would shop around a little bit more for the cargo cover, I got mine for half the price that was previously mentioned.

McGuyver

What would you like to know? Are you looking for paint colors? A specific pattern? There are several of us here on this board that could help you with the pattern you are looking for, whether it be the current 3 color NATO pattern, or one of the older original seasonal 4 color MERDC patterns...

McGuyver

I can get anyone here that wants it a larger copy in TIFF or JPEG format. When I originally posted it, I resized it small in order to get it under the forum size limit. But I can send larger copies to individuals who want it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks