• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M880 voltage regulator

Zemis

ok So votage regulator went in my truck. Results, battery fried and acid boiled off, all running lights blown. just picked up a new voltage regulator, and dosnt really look like the old one. Is this normal? and is the old plug (as I remember it is a circle plug, but never removed it to check the connection ) the same as the new triangle plug, I would just go check but my truck is at my friends shop a few towns over.

Zemis

Ok so im an idiot, and so are a few people I know, we thought the ignition mod was the voltage regulator. but it was just hidden on the fire wall under mud..... new question, can a voltage regulator fry my alternator? cause I went and replaced the volt reg, and put a new (used) battery in it. and jumped it and drove it a few miles to its new resting spot no problem, but as soon as I turned it off. as dead as a door knob. thanks all

Elwenil

It's possible for the alternator to get killed by a malfunctioning regulator but it's probably just as possible for a bad alternator to kill the regulator. Also, if you haven't already bypassed the Ammeter gauge, it's a good idea as they can also cause a lot of charging system problems.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks